пʼятницю, 19 лютого 2016 р.

The Family is One of Nature's Masterpieces

A vocabulary defines a family as "people who are closely related." Psychologists usually refer to a family consisting of mother, father and their children, who are either twins or siblings, as a nuclear family. Some of them are one-parent or single parent families. They usually call all the family including aunts, uncles, nephews, cousins, nieces, grandparents, daughters- and sons-in law as an extended family. 
To my mind there is no exact definition, what a family is. It is definitely a fabulous phenomenon, cemented by blood, which is thicker than water. It is really a masterpiece and as every genius creation of humanity it is immortal. 
In my opinion family is one of the most important things in one's life. Almost all our life we live within a family.
There are four of us in the family: My father - Ilya Nikolaevich, my mother Vera Pavlovna and my elder brother Michael.
I think it would be right if I begin with my parents. Most of families start with marriages, which are said to be made in heaven. My parents have been married for 20 years now.
My father is a chief sales-manager in a firm which sells various computer equipment. Many years ago after he had graduated from the institute he became an electronic engineer in one of the Chernihiv companies. My father is an only wager in our family but as he is very good at his job his firm pays him a good salary. However his Saturdays and Sundays are wholly devoted to his family. In youth he went in for sport so we often play either football or volleyball which are his favourite games.
My mother is a housewife. A year after she graduated from the institute my elder brother was born and she had to stay at home. Later it was decided that she would run the house and look after the family.
My mother is a nice looking woman. She is of medium heigth. Her hair is dark and she usually wears a bun. So most of her time is devoted to housework. Except for the time when soaps are shown on TV. She adores them though my father thinks they are silly.
My elder brother is now in his third year at the Chernihiv Pedagogical University. He studies at the History department. He was keen on History at school and wanted to travel to places yet unknown. I personally think that it was the spirit of adventures that made him go to this faculty.
Every masterpiece is born in pain, so it would be a mistake to think that a happy family doesn't face any problems. However, clever and understanding parents are always ready to experiment and find the way out. 
 Our family is very united and we like to spend our free time together. At weekends, we usually visit our grandparents and have a nice chat over a cup of tea. If the weather is good, we spend our leisure time outdoors admiring the beauty of nature. I can admit that we are theatregoers and we try to grasp every opportunity to enjoy a nice play.

To finish with, I'd like to say that there are times in our lives, when everything seems to be going badly. We all have problems we can't cope with. We feel depressed and dispirited and suffer from  anxiety and despair. A fatherly manly hug or a mother's loving embrace can really restore us from the ashes. Then I hear my Mom's favourite words: "You are a Fallible Human Being "and understand that even if the whole world turns its cold shoulder on me, there'll still be a family to turn to for love, compassion and understanding. And as every great masterpiece the family will remain in my soul forever.


Немає коментарів:

Дописати коментар