неділя, 14 лютого 2016 р.

Relationships Phrasal Verbs


Chat up - talk to someone you are sexually interested in to get them interested in you.

Hit it off - have a good relationship from the first time you meet a person.
Ask out - to invite someone for a date.
Move on - to change from one thing to the next thing.
Go out - to date somesome. To be in a relationship.
Fall for - to feel love for; be in love with someone.
Break up - to end a relationship.

Make up - to  stop being angry with someone. to forgive, apologise with someone and to be friends again after a fight or argument.
Look up to - to respect and admire someone. "She's always looked up to her mother. She wants to be just like her."
Fall for - to start having strong, romantic feelings about someone. "I'm falling for the new man in my office, he's so handsome!"
Fall out - to argue with someone and stop being friendly with them. "She fell out with her sister after her sister borrowed her camera then lost it."
Make up - to become friends with someone after a fight or argument. "I fight with my brother all the time, but we always make up soon afterwards."
Put down - to say bad things about someone; to insult. "It makes me angry when she puts me down in front of my friends."
Put up with - to tolerate; to accept an unpleasant situation, although you do not like it: "I can't put up with loud music my neighbour's playing any longer. It's driving me crazy!"


Немає коментарів:

Дописати коментар